Kolad is a small town situated in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, about 150 km from Mumbai. It is a popular destination for camping, trekking and rafting. The Kundalika River, which flows through Kolad, is one of the main attractions here. Rafting in the Kundalika River is an adrenaline-pumping experience that is not to be missed.
The river has rapids of Grade III and IV, making it ideal for experienced rafters. Kolad is also home to some of the best treks in the Sahyadris. The Tamhini Ghat and the Bhimashankar Trek are two of the most popular treks in the region. Camping in Kolad is a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and experience the beauty of nature. There are a number of camping sites near Kolad, where you can pitch your tent and enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside.
Kolad Camping is an excellent way to experience the outdoors and get some exercise. There are many different types of campsites available, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. Here are five things to keep in mind when planning your next camping trip:
1. Location: Kolad is located in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra, about 100 km from Mumbai.
2. Climate: The climate in Kolad is tropical, with temperatures ranging from 20-35 degrees Celsius.
3. Terrain: Kolad is a hilly region, so the terrain can be challenging at times. There are many trails to explore, so you can find the perfect one for your fitness level.
4. Activities: There are many activities to do in Kolad, such as hiking, rappelling, bird watching, and fishing.
5. Cost: Kolad Camping is very affordable, especially if you book in advance.
Here are 8 activities to do when in Kolad
Tenting is a great experience under the stars and in the middle of nature. It is relaxing and calming.
Rafting is the best activity to do in Kolad. There are many agencies that provide this activity.
Trekking is a great activity to do in Kolad. The mountains are covered with trees and it is a great place to trek.
Campfire is a great way to spend your time in Kolad. With your loved ones, you can unwind and unwind.
Bird watching is a great activity to do in Kolad. The place is full of birds and it is a great way to spend your time.
River rafting is the best activity to do in Kolad. The waterfalls and the mountains give it a natural beauty.
Mountain biking is a great activity to do in Kolad. The place is full of mountains and it is a great way to spend your time.
Hiking is a great activity to do in Kolad. The place is full of mountains and it is a great way to spend your time
Camping at Kolad village is among the best camping destination near Mumbai and Pune. Kolad is a small village near the River Kundalika.
How to reach Kolad village by train
The nearest railway station is Roha which is located at a distance of 17 km from Kolad village. You can get a local train from Mumbai or Pune to Roha. The nearest local stations from Roha are Mangaon and Veer. You can get a bus from Mangaon or Veer to Kolad. You can also hire an auto from Roha to Kolad village.
How to reach Kolad village by road
The best way to reach Kolad village is by a private vehicle. You can drive down from Mumbai to Kolad or Pune to Kolad village.
How to reach Kolad village by boat
The best way to reach Kolad village is by boat from Bankot. Bankot is located at a distance of 21 km from Kolad village. Bankot is well connected by road. You can reach Bankot from Mumbai or Pune by road. Bankot to Kolad village boat ride is a classic experience.
Here are five famous places to see in Kolad.
1. Kundalika River: The Kundalika River is the main attraction of Kolad. The river has rapids of Grade III and IV and is ideal for adventure seekers.
2. Tamhini Ghat: Tamhini Ghat is a scenic mountain pass located near Kolad. The ghat has several waterfalls and is a great place to enjoy the beauty of nature.
3. Tala Fort: Tala Fort is a popular tourist destination in Kolad. It is a beautiful fort located on a hillock. The fort has several secret tunnels and is a great place to explore the history of the region.
4. Bhairavnath Temple: Bhairavnath Temple is a popular Hindu temple located in Kolad. The temple is dedicated to Lord Bhairava, the guardian deity of the town.
5. Rajmachi Fort: Rajmachi Fort is a popular tourist destination in Kolad. It is a beautiful fort located on a hillock. The fort has several secret tunnels and is a great place to explore the history of the region.
Here are some of the must carry items for Kolad camping
- Carry a good pair of trekking shoes
- Carry a cap to protect from sun
- Carry a small towel
- Carry a bottle of water
- Carry a small bag to keep wet clothes
- Carry some snacks, biscuits, chips etc
Checkout: more Awesome Content